Tuesday, 29 March 2011
Have now got most of the filming I need for my final project out of the way now that the large green screen has been installed in SIF. May need to book a few extra sessions but I am going to wait and see what is needed as I start putting the project together.
....and even better news, I have finally managed to digitize my footage onto a format that is compatible with my computer. I am really happy about this as I have had a lot of problems in this area. I have been working in the edit suites and have finally found a combination of size/quality/format that will work perfect for my film. Fingers crossed!
Wednesday, 9 March 2011
I have just finished making the set for my final project. I have made a simple house out of cardboard in which I wish to composite myself into using green screen footage. I hope to achieve a quite comical, quirky effect. I am still considering whether to use real-time footage in the scene, or to speed it up to create a humorous feel.
This is the house I have created as a background for the piece:
After photographing the house, I have had a quick go at editing it in After Effects to get a rough idea of what I envisage the final piece to be like:
I would like to add various assets digitally (i.e. garage door, main door, background) to create that contrast between reality and an imaginary world. In reflection I will probably photograph the house in front of a green screen background so that I can just key out the background colour for a neater result; trying to erase the inside of the windows was very time consuming and does not result in a clean effect...hence only one of them is finished!